Thursday, June 17, 2010

Project 7



For "Some Velvet Morning" remix project, i wanted to take a very simple approach. Instead of reworking and editing the entire song, i picked certain parts from the song that seemed like the more important and memorable moments in the song to use. So i basically shortened the song, and put some new pieces together, and then added my own thing to it. My intro consists of first a FLS_Radio sound that simulates a static-y radio sound. This was followed by a increasing VOC_Launching sound. I combined these two sounds because i felt that together they created a suspense building part, that made you want to listen for what comes next. I started to add pieces from the orginal song, and i incorporated aquiet jungle sound throughout the song. I used several automation clips, and an ominous synth that i created, but again i used it quietly in the background of the song, as my purpose was to enhance the orginal song, and not rewrite everything. My ending was just an overall fade-out, with a few cymbals and repeated drum beats fading out at the end.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds a bit jumbled. There's a lot of confusion in the beginning. I'm not getting your main idea and the vocals really conflict with each other until :25. Then the tune really starts to make sense- but it's not your remix, it's the original song.
    I'm not really sure what you added to this song to make it your own.

    ReplyDelete